R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 12:42 AM
jeffreylin
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kidDynomite
jeffreylin, I used to run 30k, I switched back to 10K. But I'm running the spool in front so I needed a looser rear. It all depends on your driving style. I switched mine up and like the 10K better. Our track takes a while for traction to set in, so looser is better.

As far as TCD gears go, same think, I went back to the stock gears. They kind of paddle throught the lube more than the stock and this helps keep the rear diff stiffer which works wonders on larger tracks with fast turns. But I got the same handling characteristics from running heavier oil in a stock diff case.

I used to run the Kawahara Neg. Diff in my RR. I seemed to work OK, but I got faster lap times and held better lines with, again, the stock diff case. I think it's down fall was the heavy alum. diff. case. It carried too much weight around the turns, which made my rear end fish a little.

This is all through my own experience in the last 2.5 yr racing the RR and Evo. But in my opinion, save your money for tires.
Thanks very much kidDynomite. So you are running 10k in you V1 too? Interesting. I will be getting my RRR soon and I will post some comparison comments between the FW and RRR.