R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 HPI Gas R/Cs
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
mkiiina
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
Nitro isnt hard. Sorry. I am all for trying these gas engine, but i still stand by the fact that nitro isnt hard.

Its not good for the hobby for a non mechanical-minded person to try a nitro when they have no idea what they are doing. But the problem is the fact that they didnt do their research before they bought. If they cant handle nitro, run electric, problem solved...
That's extremely short sighted. When I want to kick back and relax the last thing I want to do is WORK. I consider myself pretty handy and have even been known to follow directions from time to time! But I still had a problem getting my nitro to run consistently and correctly every time. There is little reason that nitro should be any harder than starting your lawnmower or 1/1 car at this point imho.

Remember that everyone needs to start somewhere and we were all newbies at one point. If we want the hobby to grow we need understanding and a willingness to help. If not our hobby will disappear. Heck with an attitude like your's in 20 years nitro will be gone!