R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - which buggy?
Thread: which buggy?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:01 PM
zkid09

Default which buggy?

hey guys. new to this forum, but lurk around alot and am on quite a few others. had a question for you guys though.

ive been out of rc for a while, and just got back into it. i bought a hpi blitz and have upgraded it a fair amount. about to start racing it some.
also drug out the old tmaxx and 4tec, cleaned them up, cleaned out the motors and rebuilt them, serviced the shocks, etc and got them ready to sell because i want to get a buggy to race with some buddys as well.

my question is, what is going to be the best bang for the buck when it comes to buggys? i want to stay under about $375 or so.
i already have fuel, bottle, ignitor, charger, etc, so none of that is an issue.

basically looking for a rtr for the most part, but being new to buggies, im unsure what to get. ive been looking at a few on amain...
the Losi 810, OFNA hyper 7, OFNA ultra lx2, Kyosho Inferno Neo, OFNA Jammin X1 are the main contenders at the moment.

if i get a little more money and they are worth it, the hpi d8s is a contender as well, but right now, its looking to be in a range under $400.

what do you guys think is the best of those buggies?
having no experience, i do not know the downsides of each!

thanks in advance guys