R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:10 PM
MAD916
Tech Elite

As Troy mentioned we had another round of our winter series yesterday and had 10 FGX's on the track, no shortage of broken lower front arms (the back arm) but don’t think any of them were reinforced, and another top deck, but I will say I had plenty of hits and taps with stock lower arms and top deck and came through the day un-broken.

Also as Troy said I battled a car that would hold a tweak to the right just a minute or two into the race.... was a pain to drive.. took a closer look this morning and noticed plenty of slightly loose screws in the chassis, I really put the torque to them and went through the rest of the car, threw it down this morning to multiple 14.8's I’m coming for ya Rick

I still think the key is going to be Troy's stuff which will provide a solid flat and stable chassis and top deck with some flex to it I think we need the car to flex a bit and let that inside tire get a bit light and the car to rotate, but a predictable consistent flex that you can count on in every turn.

I did get a fan in my car this weekend and it seemed to shed at least 20 to 30degrees keeping me under 150 after our 10min mains.

Love this Car....