R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How do I use the Castle Field Card with the CC BEC
Old 01-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Huck50
Tech Adept

Default How do I use the Castle Field Card with the CC BEC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi:
I have just installed a Castle Mamba Monster 2200kv motor combo in my 1:8 road car,but apparantly I will need an external BEC to power my high torque Savox 1256TG steering servo. I plan on buying the CC BEC,but after reading the installation directions,where do I now plug in my Castle Link or Castle Field Card?. Seems that the RED wire needs to be disconnected, which is where I normally would plug the Field Card or the Castle Link to adjust the settings on my Mamba Monster ESC.
Do I need some sort of adapter cable?. Can't figure out how to get power to the Field Card now that the power wire on the ESC is disconnected?! Surely Castle must have something planned for the thousands or more that use their BEC with the Field Card or Castle Link?
I have done a search and thought I would find my answer on the Castle web-site pertaining to my question, but nothin!
Maybe someone can shoot me a link or a video they have seen would be great! Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.