Originally Posted by Aza088
So to clear this up i have a 733 TE with the following lightweight parts
low profile savox servos for both
titanium screws through the whole car
capricorn life bat
Smallest 4pk RX
front layshaft and rear both have been drilled out
spool in the front

titanium turnbuckles and small things like that will save weight but not 150 to 200 more grams

I have milled a chassis and cut the shit out of it so ill see how much different this makes and how much different it handles i guess but anyway good luck to efra I really hope Serpent Brings out a car light enough to compete with the other brands.
hmm...weigh your body. Painted it should not be more than 110 grams.
just from looking at 733 TE pics:

-you might have some unneccessary weight on the front and rear knuckles, maybe other brand knuckles fit the 733?
-the rear end with the DLS looks heavy
-the diff could be lightened with the smaller gears in plastic and the shafts in lighter alloy
-the shocks may be 2 or 3 grams each heavier than other brands = 12 grams right there. i'd weigh the shocks against the cap or mugen shocks to double check. You could also run xray adjustable plastic body shocks. more prone to breaking but lighter than alloy shock bodies. (plastic body xray shocks are 2 grams per shock i think lighter than xray alloy body shocks).
-if the front bumper is high density foam you will have 20 grams more right there. the xray nt1 had astandard bumper which was 5 grams and a high density bumper which was 25 grams, so double check the weight of the bumper
-plastic support on front bumper might be heavy. is there an option to eliminate it? (less weight on front can equal less steering though)
-lighten the rear brake pulley by dremelling it out evenly on a lathe..might get rid of 2 grams there
-get rid of the reciever box and run a modified mtx4 cover. you will loose easy 10 grams with no reciever box

i recon with the small changes listed above you can shave off another 35 to 40 grams. especially with no reciever box and double checking the weight of the shocks against competitors.