R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 AM
wwddww34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Originally Posted by GP40X
I posted this in the electronics section but thought I would post it here too since there are a lot of VTA Edge users. I purchased an Edge 2S/Ballistic 25.5 VTA combo last week and ran it for the first time today. Three different times the ESC shut down with an error code that was not in the Edge paperwork and I could not find on the Novak website. What happens is the ESC will shut down the motor after a minor impact. It happened three different times toady, twice when touching a board and once when I was rolled by another driver in a heat. When it happens I have steering but no throttle. The green and red leds flash twice then the white, yellow, and blue leds flash in sequence and then it repeats. Turn off then back on and it works normally. The Glitchbuster that came with the Combo is installed and the motor/ESC are not overheating (last time it happened was 7:40 into the main and the motor temp was 112°F and the ESC temp was 87°F). Also has a new 60C 5000mAh battery that checks good. Anyone run into this error code before?
Check your other connections. I agree that it sounds like the esc is trying to reboot. since it only seems to happen on an impact I would look at your battery and receiver wiring o be sure all connections are good.

I have run the edge on a Novak 21.5 and a lrp 13.5 and have no problems. It has been a great esc.
Hey Bill, I am using a Novak Edge and a Novak 21.5T motor in my Tamiya F104 and you marshalled my F1 race today. You saw my F104 hit boards and get flipped over at least 2 times all through the race my Edge never had any resets or glitches. Are you running a Venom battery in your VTA? I heard that the bullet connections inside the Venom batts are suspicious for momentary disconnects when they are jolted from an impact. That's my $0.02.