R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RDLogics Mongoose 2011
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Bundy_Bear
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G4.Tragic
I honour you for trying something different, how has it all worked out for you? I would have gone down the 2009 path for similar money or maybe a g4js, but curious your thoughts on the topic?
Hi

This is hard to answer... I never actually raced the Mongoose i did spend alot of time at the track with it and tried alot of different things. This car had a lot of later parts on it from the G4RS 2008 and G4+, but using the Mongoose suspension arms, chassis and radio tray & Steering system. In doing this i never had any radio issues (like i had with the G4RS 2008 & G4+ Evo), but i still had the same on power oversteer the same as the later models.

I have also played with a RTR G4S and a G4JR and have noticed that with slower servos & radio, i don't have these issues. I have now bought a new radio that has servo speed adjustment and it might be something that will address these issues for me...

Maybe the G4JS would have been suitable, but i wanted to try the older steering system and also believed the receiver was in a better location away from the heat off the engine.

I understand your frustration with peoples attitude towards Team Magic, i have a few 2009 edition G4RS and they are a refinement, but you also need to spend a bit on KFactory parts to get it too a G4+ or G4+ Evo level people would expect. But it hasn't been as popular as previous models. And as a result i keep going back to my older cars myself...

G4 Tragic i am reading your thread about marketing with great interest, i agree and computer companies do the same with new development all the time.

Thanks
Andrew