R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho electric cars
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2002, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default problems

Need help with Kyosho KX-1
Well, I just acquired this car in a trade, but it came with no instuction manual. Here are some questions I have.

1. Can I get an instruction manual anywhere?

2. It came with a 64 pitch spur gear. I have no 64 pitch pinions. Anyone know how to go about figuring gearing. Can I convert it to 48 pitch? Also, the website only gives gearing for a 23 turn "stock" as 128/ 38. I will probably be putting a 19 turn in (as I have one in the car the electronics are being stolen from.) If I knew the right pinion size, I could go ahead and just get a 64pitch pinion.

3. Any issues I should know about. It seems pretty complicated to take apart, and I am conserned about possible belt changes later on. I also heard the one way was iffy, so a little concerned there too.

4. I have never owned a tourer before. Any suggestions on a good tire that will give decent grip but long life span. I remember seeing adds for Losi tires in a magazine that said they lasted longer, and HPI has good things to say (of course) about there own tires as far as life goes. I don't want to dump a whole lot into this car as I am not sure how long I will keep it.