R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help with T Maxx buid
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 AM
imrob
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dustineng;10239040]Yes the3.3 is .20...I knew that

My problem is the sirio .23 &the picco .26 max are both mid-block engines...the size of the picco mount is perfect,but the mounting holes on the sirio are narrower then on the mount....the ofna mount is genius because it's designed to fit the .26 max which is a mid sized block...but is really a bigblock mount.most big blocks are pretty much the same as far as mounting goes...but the picco .26 was an exception because it has big block mounting holes on a mid block,unlike the sirio .23.....which they don't make a mount conversion for mid-block engines

But os makes a .21 that is a big block,explain that one[/QUO Will it does suck that you got the wrong engine i would have assumed and did that it would have a big block mounting.That sirio does not fit the stock mount. YOu can not a grind a little on the stock to make the mid size fit. The only thing i can think of to do now is either sell that and buy something that does work. Now i have heard of people putting them in a maxx also. For the os it the size of the bore that makes it a big block which indeed does make the block just a little bigger as far as i know. Did you check out th beat your truck] they have a bigg basher thread there about the maxx maybe they can help. Sorry it does not work fo ya that does suck. Which i could have helped.