R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FEAR FARM RC RACEWAY
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 PM
CHIZZLE
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CIPHERintheSAND
I have a Novak Havok Pro for my ESC and a Novak GTB 10.5 for my motor.

The speed control throws an error code that says..."Possible ESC shut-down doe to locked rotor detection. Return throttle to neutral position to regain motor control. Check vehicle drive train for free operation."

I have torn my transmission apart, and checked all my gears and bearings. I have replaced both my rear hubs entirely, including new bearings. I have cleaned the motor with cleaner and checked and lubed the motor bearings.

last night, when I tore the motor out, I ran it and it still threw the same error code.

After all that it still shut down several times during our main.
Have you tried a new sensor cable? If so, have you heard of the sticker mod? Take the sensor plate out of the motor and put stickers over the 6 sensor probe dealeo's. Novak was having a clearance issue with some of their motors/sensor plates. Basically, the bearing was too close to the sensors and effing things up. I was having those same symptoms/error codes and contacted Charlie at Novak. He told me to try it out and it worked! Just take an RC sticker(I'm sure you have some laying around), and cut little rectangles that will buffer the zone between the bearing and 6 probes. It's free to try before you drop the coin on a new setup.