R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC Set-up thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 10:35 AM
racing_jason
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by valk
bit of a thread resurrection here but im kind of in a rutt with my redline 17.5t

I run it in 12th scale stock. open esc.

i met with some success with the following RS settings;
Throttle profile: 3
Timing advance: 100

Boost: 50
Start/Stop RPM: 14xx/7500
Turbo: 10
Delay 0.44-5
Ramp: 2
Rollout: 78-82mm

I tried swapping out to a high torque rotor and the car seems fast for about a minute, then drops off as would expect around the 5 minute mark. I can full throttle every turn and the car is still slower than pretty much everyone.

I might put my stock rotor back in but i have this problem with a my LRP X12 as well.

I tried running ramp 3 for a while. could that have hurt the esc or motor?

should i be running less timing with the torque rotor? and if i go back to the stocker, any suggestions? there is an overwhelming duo presence in our club and all the other cars have realyl hard hitting turbos on the straight, and lots of balls out of corner.. my car is as fast by the end of the straight but just doesn't have the grunt.

First thing i would make sure there is no timing on the motor and also go back to the stock rotor. Also thats alot of boost for 1s. I would try like 40. Almost sounds like the car starts to dump. Also try running ramp 3 with like 12 ish turbo. Also you should be able to gear up a little bit as well.
Try that and that should get you closer.
Thanks Jason
Thanks Jason