R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX4
Thread: Mugen MTX4
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 07:18 PM
challenger
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by afm
If the MTX4 is coming, and as done in the past, in which the MTX3 was a reduced copy of the MRX3, then what we might expect with the new MTX4 are the features of the MRX4

MUGEN MRX4

Low Center of Gravity:

New designed fuel tank for more low center of gravity ( mtx3 has it).
Throttle servo mount which lowers it up till the limit of chassis ( mtx3 has it).

Front Suspension:

New Front lower arm (1.5mm longer).
Adjustable height of front upper arm mount for roll center variation.
New designed front upright (King pin angle "0" degree).
Adjustable wheel base (3mm) in order to move front upper/lower arm forward and backward.

Rear Suspension:

New Rear Lower Arm (7mm longer).
Adjustable height of rear lower arm for the chassis side attachment in three stage ( mtx3 has it).
New designed rear upright (mtx3 prospec has it).

Drive system & brake:

Front universal joint excellent in drive efficiency is equipped as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it both ends).
Light weight 2 speed gear box and spur gear will be attached with one screw (not a performance upgrade).
Teflon brake pad, and Ventilated brake disk is as standard ( mtx3 prospec has it).
Light-weight centrifugal shoe, Super hard clutch spring, and Gray Clutch shoe are standard (mtx3 prospec has it).

Others:

Servo Saver, in which Ackerman can be adjusted by removing two screws (changing pieces the mtx3 has it).
New designed damper case excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).
New designed engine mount which considers the twist of chassis equally right and left.
New floating centering system of rear body mount which brings more stability (not used with touring bodies).
New designed pivot ball excellent in maintenance (not a performance upgrade).

The car has more stability during the corner with new designed suspension compared with MRX-3.

Also, some optional parts for MRX-3 are now as standard parts for MRX-4.

So there we have an overview of some of the changes we might see on the MTX4.
Are they worth waiting, and not get a Prospec right now????
I haven't, I got my Prospec and I must say it is an awesome car, and when the time comes.....will see if the MTX4 is that much better.

AFM

I hope MTX4's front 1 way can be locked like the Surpent's front 1 way. I can see Surpent drivers have their advantage of changing the Surpent front 1 way to spool. I also like to see MTX4 came with overdrive driving system as stock kits.