R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kamloops Mid Winter Challenge Feb 17-19th
Old 01-23-2012, 12:39 PM
teamanager
Tech Master

JM's right in saying that the tire issue needs to be resolved before the race. Now that there are five entries in Mod that want to run on foam, it may well BE resolved, as they have enough to run a separate class.

Where I disagree is the idea that "foam" may come back in a few years time. Frankly, it's here already. These things tend to happen fairly quickly, as we've seen many times in the past. We've seen TC indoor racing go from foam to rubber, and back to foam, and then back to rubber, and now it's swinging back towards foam again.

Here's where I get unpopular again.....there seems to be an underlying assumption on a couple of people's part that if a decision is made that the Mod class will go on rubber then all the foam entries will simply run on rubber. My guess is that they won't and you'll simply lose some of those entries. Going on from there.....almost all the "foam" entries are from members of our own club. Isn't it part of being a club that we try to accommodate our own club members wishes ? (Told you it'd be unpopular)

I will also say that I don't have a personal stake here.....I'm too old to race in Trophy races (they get too aggressive and too competitive for me these days), and I won't be there.

Though it seems I have discovered something of an aggressive and competitive streak lately.......but no, not the MidWinter. I'll keep it for the Sunday afternoon club races.