R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 AM
BCDK
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
has anyone tried the flexi deck instead of taking out the middle screw. i tried stock parts with the middle screw removed and kept wearing the spur gear i dont have the one piece motor mount, and its the v1 kit. the car had tons of flex and traction with the screw removed though. it seems to me that the two screws that hold the top deck to the rear bulkhead can be removed and do almost the same as the center screw (almost). i'm running the two farthest back, and the two farthest forward on the rear section of the top deck.
Hi.

We use the new flex topdeck together with the standard two peace motormount. We have removed the middle screw. Nothing had happened so far (about 25-30 batteries). No extra wearing on the spurgear. Nothing - and that is with modifed on carpet. I've tighten the other screws extra, but done nothing else. As noticed - you have to check the spurgear and pinion, but I see it as a normal maintenance issue between every run.

We haven't tried to drive without any other screws removed in the topdeck.

As we started to drive the flex topdeck, we changed the suspension blocks in ff and fr to 1,5 both - no sweep but straight.

Yesterday we were praticing on a tight track, and for testing we changed the blocks once again to ff 2,0 and fr to 1,5 for better corner entering. We will Sunday next weekend have a race on the same track, and we will Saturday do some back-to-back test here to find the best solution.

Our final setup will follow later on Serpent homepage.