R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VRC pro release date??
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:41 AM
rmdhawaii
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX
I don't really think the "small team/business" or "high overhead" argument works, at least for me....only because this program has been done before without the need of monthly charges.

I don't understand why they don't do it the way they did it with the original version. Sell me the game with several tracks included. Then give me the option to purchase different tracks and other options later. And finally, if I want to race online against other people, let me pay for that separately.

Maybe not enough people were paying to play online and that's why they decided to make it a monthly charge that required some sort of online use. If that's the case, they may have just lost a sale to everyone who only wanted to play the game and not play online. I paid $100 bucks for the original game and then paid another good chunk of change to buy different tracks and play some online. If that were the case with the new game, I would be doing the same but, I'm not touching this new game until they change it.
+1

Spot on. Not only everything you said, but there is no AI if you want to practice racing against others. I'll just keep on using the old game for now.