R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Walkman
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
A few posts back a guy was questioning the need to spend extra money to fine tune the car, people responded that it is good out of the box, BUT you should do this, get that, spend $30 on diff balls, etc... Sounds like he is back to spending money to tune the car. This is all perfectly understandable. The car is fairly new and will mature over time.

In past posts project managers have stated that the box/stock set up was a compromise of parts to provide an all around experience for most drivers. To me the RTR would be better suited to most average drivers. The compromise set up should be left to the RTR. To a racer, state of the art is what is desired. From what I have read most of the team drivers are making many of the same changes to make the car perform better. These changes should be made part of the kit. Some examples would be bleeder shock caps, o-rings instead of bladders, 5 degree front hubs with 25 degree kick, etc.

Why not update the kit like a computer or phone update. 22.1, 22.2 etc. By the time we get to "Losi 99.1" it should be pretty dialed!
+1 I agree 100%