R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 01:45 PM
RC*PHREAK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tanman11
OK, should have been more specific, but I did disassemble the diff. That's where I'm stuck, I've worked on my Bajas, but I have never had a small diff like this. I have both ends with the gears on them, I'm not sure how to get the drives out of each side. I have the drive, the bearing, and the gear with the case on one side. I looked at the manual, but it doesn't really say. I must be missing something, but I could use help. Still trying to figure out why the drive won't come out. When you guys changed out to lighten drives, how did you do it? Thanks again.
pull the gear up and off (it may stick from the grease, but it will come up). what you'll see is a pin going into the outdrive. pull the pin out. the outdrive should now be able to be pulled out. you're then left with the shim (washer) and the o-ring which is seated in the metal diff insert.

same thing for the cup half. use some needle nose pliers to pull the gear up (after you have taken the pins and spider gears out) and then it's the same as above.