R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 01-20-2012, 05:24 AM
umm winning
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildewinds
I just did it for the first time a few days ago. I think the only trick is to find the right screws to remove for the front end to come off. I actually found this video useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4e0DVMgYZQ Although it's not very well done (and some it's some kid doing it). Just watch it till you see how to take off the front end to access the front diff.

Everything else is easy. The little shims that people talk about are located between the little square pin holders and the planetary gears and they're REALLY little and like to stick to things and get lost. Just pay attention to those and you'll be fine.

You don't need anything but diff oil, some type of sticky grease, and some type of cleaning agent to clean out the old grease (I like nitro clean that you can get at a hobby shop).
That kid is probably one of the best drivers out here in so cal... I believe he only has 2 sponsers boca bearings and thunder power...He should have more I was watching him in a race against Frank Root and they were basically battling the whole race, this kid hauls F$&@!?& @55