R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
F_ME
Tech Regular

Default Hazard Wheels

I posted a few pages back that I had purchased some JC hazard wheels that appear to have hair line cracks in the back of the hubs. The cracks appear to be at the outside of the hex area moving out to the hub. It is in different locations on different wheels I have checked. So far I have seen this in 6 sets of wheels at two different locations. I contacted JC customer svc and the woman I spoke to said she has not heard or seen this as of yet. She even grabbed a wheel in stock to check.

After cracking plenty of DE Racing wheels I am leary of running these. JC will send me a replacement if they break but I am more concerned about the cost of the tires. I have quite a few sets of broken DE wheels with new tires only run one or two heats.

I bought another pair at another location. One set had the cracks and the other pack did not. Very strange. I ran them in a night of racing on my SC10 4x and so far they are holding up. Still not crazy about the cracks though. I guess i will find out if the hairline cracks will open up.