R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best NiMH Battery?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:46 PM
BlueGlowBoy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

*chuckle* as much as I hate cheap chinese knock-offs....genuine chinese stuff is OK.

iMax B6AC is my pic. I have 2 B6 chargers that I bought for $25 a piece and they have been great for charging cheap batteries. (The B6 needs an external power supply, which I already had...the B6AC is a few bucks more, but it has the power supply built in)

If you look at the B6AC, and then look at a lot of the other chargers around the same price, you will see that lots of them look exactly the same. The iMax chargers are the originals, and many of the other branded ones are bought by whoever and re-stickered with their own brands and logos. Same board inside.

As for batteries, I'm beyond impressed with the performance of Haiyin batteries (www.haiyinstore.com), especially for the price. Again, these guys actually manufacture the cells that many other companies buy and then assemble and re-brand. The catch is that their hard-case is a little bigger than ROAR spec, and will not fit in many cars...not sure about the car you mentioned.