R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP Vector x12 Brushless Motors
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 AM
olhipster1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussF
Too Late!!
We are running 17.5 class and no boost is allowed but timing is ok. I was going to wire up one or two small fans I have that are 1" 5V .8W. I thought I would wire up paralell and run one on the ESC and one blowing on the motor. Would it be ok to use a channel on my Airtronics 92744 receiver to power them or should I run off the ESC's fan output? Or should I not run my own fans but buy something specific?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Russ
I am running the StockSpec v2 with X12 17.5.
same thing NoBoost class.
A fan is a must have in this class....before anything install a good fan...even if it cost $20 (a bit on the high side of choices).
I direct solder the fan to the Esc, battery post Pos & Neg
you will get a much high RPM output from the fan in this manner, just make sure the fan can handle the current.
you will probably see the temp go down approx 20 degrees.

MuchMore High RPM fans are good..
remember get a high quality fan..never use a cheapie.
it will keep you from buying motors. I have been running my first X12 since April of last year...still going strong. never been past 180.
The best fan on the market is sold by Side Piece Racing....but they are on back order, hoping it will come in soon...those fans are freakin nuts...sounds like a turbine...and flow is 10x everything else.

I also just started running the LRP fan on the speedo itself.. used the plug n play slot already on the speedo for it...just using it as a safety. not really necessary.