R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ESC Slow then Takes off afetr crash, Xerun 120A 1S 1/12TH Nosram 10.5
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 AM
MDG
Tech Rookie

Default ESC Slow then Takes off afetr crash, Xerun 120A 1S 1/12TH Nosram 10.5

Im having trouble with my Speed Control System.
System comprises:
1/12th Carpet RC12R5.1
Battery LiPo 5Ahr 60c 3.7v 1S (5 battery packs)
Motor Nosram Storm 10.5T
ESC Xerun120A 1S Blue
Blinky Mode V1.07_110119 No Timing
DDRS Punch 7
Voltage Protect Off
Temp Protect Off
Tyres 46mm
Spur 80
Pinion 38
mm/rev 68.64

The problem is as follows:
I can start the race ok but find after a crash the problem appears, which is when I pull away again at full throttle the car seems to crawl away for approx 1 sec, then dramatically takes off.
Ie mid race the throttle response has gone from linear to grossly logarithmic curve (car not drive able).

Sometimes I have found that by bringing the car in, turning the ESC off, then back on, solves the problem. But this doesn’t work all the time.

My gut feeling is the battery is loosing grunt and affecting how the ESC operates but that is pure speculation, as it can happen only 30 seconds into a race.

I had a similar symptom and when I checked the car I found the motor/esc feedback cable had become detached. However I now check this is ok.

I still seem to have the problem here at home with the car on the bench and pinion removed, there is a definite step in the throttle response.
Im looking for a nice linear response like that of DC ESC.

I have another motor and feedback cable to try for next weekend that a mate has loaned me.

I would appreciate some advice from experienced fellow racers

MDG