R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me pick out my dream charger and power supply setup!!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:52 PM
frankiebonez
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Little update on my charger thread...

PL6 is going to come in the mail very soon, but unfortunately looks like I will be going with a mounted PAR board setup. Running I'm thinking 2 or 3 parallel boards instead of the MPA. The MPA is sold out for another 2+ weeks and I just dont want to wait that long, I need a new charger, my venom setup isnt cutting it.

So I'm thinking 4 boards mounted nicely on my station, at the most... possibly 2 JST style boards and 2 TP boards so I dont have any battery restrictions (would be limited to JST with the MPA board.. so this option has some pluses, which I do like) I dont think I would ever charge more than 2 batteries the more I think about it.

I will have 2 simultaneously in my XO 1 (once that thing freakin arrives!), with 2 on deck... thats 4 total but only 2 to charge. And I have 3 batteries for SC10 truck, 1 in the truck and 2 on deck. Plus I could always expand. Charging 2 batteries should allow for absolute maximum charging capabilities of a 5000mah 3s battery also, once you go to a 3rd battery you will start losing time when dividing up the currect requirements.

So how do people feel about thunderpower batteries? I'm thinking of 2 of there 65c 3s 5000+mah batteries for my XO1. Any comments on that brand? They say I can charge them at a 6C rate which I will be capable of doing, should allow for 15minute charge times of 2 batteries!! I'm torn between them and Orion right now.

Setup will be trick regardless i'm sure once I'm done!

EDIT: John I see you guys added EC5 connectors to the webstore, was that because of our discussion here? Definitely a great move, now I dont have to source them elsewhere!