R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why not a national points system?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 PM
trackdesigner71
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cory B
My guess is nothing will happen considering this thread is 8 years old
the reason for that is that no one actually a) stepped up and actually put a plan into action and b) ignored folks like you and went ahead anyway.

that being said, I did some thinking today while I was driving to work to pick up my check (yes I got paid on a saturday...long story there) and came up with a little something

1. Racers can declare up to 3 classes to count for points at the beginning of the year depending on your discipline (asphalt onroad, carpet onroad or offroad).
2. Points will be calculated from the first of the month following the appropriate Nationals until 3 months prior to the next Nationals (to allow time for those who qualify to make necessary arrangements)
3. Races will be calculated on a "factor 5" scale starting at 25 points for the top 5 A main finishers (25 for first, 20 for second, 15 for third, 10 for 4th, 5 for 5th, 4 for 6th, 3 for 7th, 2 for 8th and 1 each for 9th and 10th).
4. A mains must have 50%+1 drivers to count for points (e.g. if the max is 10 cars for a main, minimum number for points is 6)
5. Each racer's best 10 finishes count toward their point total (max score 250 points)
6. Top 5 in each region in each class qualify for nationals plus next five in points serve as "alternates"
7. Lower mains will score on a 10 point scale (10 for first, 9 for second, 8 for third, etc.) but must also meet the 50%+1 rule.

Thats all I could come up with but Im sure this will be added to and tweaked as I think about it