R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 01:35 PM
freakyfreakyflo
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Sounds like a good starting point. I would get some thicker shock oil and try to find some stiffer rear springs. I found the kit springs were too soft. F201 springs work but you need to cut down the shaft covers and lower the spring retainers since the 201 springs are longer.I used 80wt oil on the fgx. Haven't tried the rabbit yet so all of my suggestions are from the fgx and will probably translate well to the rabbit Hoping to run the rabbit tomorrow.

Since you are worried about traction I would run it with the softer setup that you had and then slowly stiffen the rear to get the front end bite you want.
Many thanks for your reply. All information is very helpful indeed. I have a friendwith alot of 1/8 offroad oils so will hope he has some thick shock oil and lighter diff oil
I was not sure about the kit body but now I almost finish it I think it looks pretty good. I wanted to use f60 body but I think the backend of it will not fit over the suspension pivot without cutting alot of the rear of the body away. Will have to work on some air vent for motor