R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reedy Sonic
Thread: Reedy Sonic
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Korgae
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was also at this race over the weekend. It was very competitive as is was a WCICS series race with just under 200 entries. ( 60 alone in the 12th scale class that Frank and I were running) The track was 92X48 and featured a nice flowing track with some technical sections.

The A main ( Frank was in the B) was very competitive with drivers such as Peter Robinson, Wes Briscoe, Brian Bodine and a host of other fast drivers.

For me the Reedy 17.5 ran perfect all weekend running 0-10-12-0 (LRP SS V2) with a 82 mm rollout and the 954 rotor. Endbell timing was on the last notch of the V2 motor. ( hex screws with the timing lock if that makes sense)

I finished 2nd to Peter Robinson 2 seconds behind overall and was a tick behind in best lap.. 11.59 Vs 11.68 top 20 average was 11.98 for Pete and 12.07 for me. Fade for both Pete and was roughly .8 off in the last laps of the race on average which i think is acceptable. Both our motors on his temp gun were around 160F after the main.

No question Pete's stuff was top fuel but that should be a given, he is a factory Trinity/Revtech driver. He ran the Tekin RS and mentioned a few times he really played with the speedo set up throughout the weekend to keep the motors in check.

I never had to touch my speedo or motor all weekend as soon as I figured out the rollout for the track.

The 954 tuning rotor is good in 12th scale 1S.. They are just hard to find right now because they are so popular. I think Frank will pick up some speed once he gets a 954 and works on his car set up a bit and will be in the An at the next race