R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New to RC and RC Tech forum (relatively) and saying hello
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM
wellco
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by locked
Welcome to the addiction, er, I mean hobby.

Your ESC might be in forward/brake only mode. Seems the most likely scenario. If you ever get into racing, you'll need to be in this mode. Reverse isn't allowed on tracks, but for just mucking about on the road, you can usually set the esc to fwd/brake/delayed reverse. If you also have an option for simply fwd/rev, go with the delayed reverse. Some ESCs hook up to a computer to adjust these things. Some have a controller box you hook up to adjust settings. Some you can adjust using buttons on the esc itself. Some are adjustable by more than one of these options and some aren't adjustable at all.

Which ESC is it?
Hey all,

Just wanted to say thanks for welcoming me and for your help. I also wanted to let you all know that I figured out what the issue is. I thought that when I calibrated the ESC that I had turned on the reverse function, but apparently I didn't. I went through all of the instructions again and re-calibrated the ESC and I made sure that I had the reverse function set for 'on' and now it is working beautifully!

Really appreciate everyone's suggestions and help with this, and for your willingness to help out a rookie who is clearly making some beginner mistakes.

Best wishes all