R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - foam tire prices, is this rape?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 09:18 PM
hardadz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tire prices and whiners

I look at this forum and wonder why? Why the hell should i keep a shop open to the public, create a track that racers can have fun at, make sure that they have electricity, lights, heat in the winter and air when it's hot, and still have to listen to their crying about tires. Most shop owners are paying $ 1500-4500.00 a month for rent, another $250-$600 for lights, $ 250-750 a month for heat, $ 1500.00 + a year for insurance and then they still have to make a living to take care of themselves. They put in extended hours , get very little help in the way of upkeep for a track, some of us maintain web-sites and so much more in "free" advice and help. Now, I ask, could you do it by making $ 3.00 per set of tires profit, 90% of you would fold in a week. So keep going to the online shops, watch the tracks disappear and as the man says, start sweeping a lot of pavement. That's if you can find someone to let you run without insurance. Most shops that I know of are running on a net profit margin of only 8-12% See if the whiners can live on what these dedicated people make. Most of us do it because we enjoy it, but your making it harder and harder to do it. JUST MY TWO CENTS WORTH !!!