View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Marcus,

Nice piece there. I like it. I'd be in for one just in case

I did some testing again today. Moved from Losi Orange to Red fronts, 25 to 37.5 oil front, and 20 to 35 rear. Moved the ackermann to the forward hole and got rid of most of my bump steer, and 0mm on the rear roll center. Definitely made the car feel better and wasn't so twitchy down the straight.

My SC10 diff needs thicker oil. If I get the rear-end unsettled under power it lights up the unloaded tire too much. Probably going to move from 3k to 7k oil and see how it works.

Also, if anyone is interested in running the SC10 diff, HPI makes shims that fit perfect. #Z892. Buy to packs. Be sure to shim the side of the diff with the backing on the teeth more as you need to center the idle gear first.

For whatever reason, someone at Mike's wanted to start grooving the track, so it didn't get watered, and had no rear traction at all, which doesn't help when trying to get a MM4 setup going.

I'm rebuilding the car tonight to get everything cleaned, and I'm going to change everything to kit specs, which exception of motor position and shocks. My front toe and camber is really funky; been having trouble getting them set where I want.

-Auto
on the dif i just took a razor blade an cut the barrier off of the gear teeth by teeth and now i dont have to worry about shimming it any particular way!