R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
MDawson
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hana166
Cheers thanks Mark

I'm already quicker with the car on small to medium-sized tracks but not yet where I need to be on the bigger faster ones

I must say however that I'm amazed by the basic handling traits, car feels slow on the track but its actually not

Finding that, as we're not able to play with shock angles etc that increased flex and (subtle) changes in geometry seem to be the key to tuning this car
Slow is control

There is a distinct advantage in being able to run one of longest wheelbase cars once you get on with the outdoor asphalt. Also remember that you have a car that you can have multiple layouts for equipment as well. I am intrigued that in the T-motor layout -this car is still more efficient than my best belt TC with ceramic bearings and all of the devil tweaks.

Hopefully the new team drivers that Oleg is now supporting can provide us more frequent feedback here so we can get all get this car faster.

I'd love to see Steen more active here - after speaking to him at IIC it was clear that he has some great input.