R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
adubaz7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

[QUOTE=adubaz7;10142386]Hey guys I am looking for some help with my setup please give as many setup changes as possible to fix my problem.
Problem is on my track we have two straights both with a high speed corner at the end they are short but fast sections my issue is that when I let of the throttle to setup for the corner the rear of the truck washes out/over steers I have tried all I can to keep this from happening and I am at a loss please give me some ideas

Front setup

0 Toe
-1 camber lower hole for link
outer shock upper
outer shock lower
Gold or Purple spring
#5 piston 37.5 oil Emulsion
Full droop plus end unscrewed 2 turns
7K diff
Thickest sway bar
32mm ride height without body

Center
7K diff

Rear setup

-3 Toe
#1 inserts in giving minimum anti squat
-1 camber outer hole and lower hole for link
inner hole for upper shock
center hole for lower shock
silver rear spring
#3 piston 27.5 oil emulsion
Full droop
4K diff oil
Thinnest sway bar
30mm ride height

Bump chassis
Light weight mods truck weighs 6 pounds 1 ounce RTR with body and battery
MMP W/Bec Pro 4 4600kv savox servo

Thanks for all the suggestions guys I have added in the setup items I forgot in my original post as for tires I have used every tire out there except the Hot bodies tires wich I plan to try soon, for now I like the Proline snipers best.
The track I run at is an outdoor medium bite medium to large track hard pack with some top soil. One thing that is kind of odd with this track is that it seems as though you are always turning even the straight away is almost like you kind of apex around the track coming on the straight and all the way to the next corner. I will post a video of the track with me running another guys truck but the video is very decieving as it looks like all the jumps and bumps are small and easy also it looks like I am going very slow this is because it was filmed from the drivers stand it looks really weird to me but I will post so you guys have a good idea of the layout. Also the track does not look very technical due to not being able to see the size of everything but anyways let me know what you guys think.

As for the changes I will be making tonight to try out in practice tomorrow I will leave the suspension as I have expermented with that many times already with very little change and it seems to work well as is but I will be changing my diff oils as that does make sense to me that maybe the center and rear are too heavy I will leave the front at 7 and change center to 3 and rear to 3 making 7-3-3 I will let you know what I find.

Thanks alot guys I appreciate all of your input.