R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
chris moore
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by markiemark
well i ran yesterd day i had a little more luck got 45 laps. I tried a lot of changes and practiced alot but i just cant get this car to rotate. And scrubing to much speed in the turns.
Front :

12r5
.20 springs
1 camber
magenta with 1/3 sauced
42mm trued edges not glued
flat servo
.5 deg toe out
caster is thick shim in front thin in rear i think thats 3.25
4mm ride height
167.8 width

Rear
Shock mount in center holes
Medium ball stud
60wt oil
Blue shock spring
Shurlube 3 in tubes
1mm pod drop
pink rears full sauced
43mm
171.3 width

I tryed gold spring but didnt help i tryed more and less caster but didnt feel as good. tryed orange rears but then i didnt have the rear grip. i tryed thick shock oil and that seemed to help some. Also tryed stiffen the rear links to short hole but then didnt wanna turn had turn dual rate up about to almost 70. i thought maybe was me and let the real fast guys drive it and they still where almost sec slower then theres
Ok not quite what you were hoping for but still a one lap improvment so not all bad. When you tried the orange rears what center spring did you have in place? I really think you need to run the orange rears and set the center spring hard, I've been running a red or copper spring on mine. The orange rears will allow the car to rotate and the stiff center spring will not allow the car to unload and lose the rear traction. Now I come from a T-bar background so I like the car to have that firm center and leave the side soft so thats how I setup my cars, I say that just so you can understand my thought process. If your real comfortable with the tire combo you have(mag/pink) then I'd suggest trying some softer front and/or center spring/oil combos. That will allow the car to unload abit more and help rotate, you'll just have to play with it to find something that works but does'nt upset the balance too much and lose the rear grip.

Edited to add: I also would recomend going to 1 1/2 neg camber and slightly reduce the reactive caster, try these in stages.