R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
It is inevitable that some tweaks might be needed. The T-setup with an uncut top deck seems to already have more chassis flex. Would have liked to have had the solution work with having to space the motor as far out as it is (without have to cut the motor shaft). The car seems to roll as well as L-setup car. The motor already looks like it is 5mm~ further from the centerline than the 417. Will know more this weekend.
The motor shaft thing is one thing I noticed... I've been rummaging through my pit box looking at various motors. The X12 series seem to have the shortest shaft (~13.3mm, motor face to tip), and get the motor pretty close in. The other motors I have seem to be in the 14.2-14.6mm range, except the Dualsky Z5 which is a whopping 17.2mm!!
Might be investing in a new mod motor if that config works out best after a bit of testing! Of course, the other option is to get another rotor and cut the shaft down, shouldn't be too hard to do for my other motors, have plenty of spare rotor's!

Last edited by TryHard; 01-09-2012 at 07:21 AM.