R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC12R5
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oddski
Hello. I'm new to the 12r5.2(and.1 for that sake). Case: I can not make it go straight on full throttle. When I come out on the straight line giving full throttle, it will go to left side hitting the wall(usually). I got some spikes this week, looks like its a bit heavy on right(electronics-) side. Rolling straight off power.

What to do??
- Wrong diff setting(too loose or thight)?
- Wrong weight balance sideways?
- How check tweak? Turning on the spring retainers?. Searced the net, but can not figure out how to de-tweak car Tweak is unbalance or something I think

Also got some springs for center(gold, blue silver), side(blue, silver, green) and front(.18 &.20) if the problem is there. Also got crc magenta front/pink rears, not tested yet. Track is carpet.

Hard to figure out stuff, the rest of the club runs Corally or Crcs.

Set up: Lrp Sxx v2, Novak Ballistic 5.5, Airtronics 94819, Reedy 6500, inline config. 20 wt side 30 wt center. Gold center/blue side springs. Xceed Ennetti carbon carpet medium front and rear. CS tire sauce.
Could you post a few pics of your car ?
Most of the time when a 12th scale car doesn't go where you point it, it is due to a bound up pod, that doesn't articulate smoothly, the wrong tires/sauce technique, or diff issues.
This is not unique to the R5, it is true with all pan cars.

Springs and oil will fine tune a setup, as will balancing electronics on the chassis.

A proper diff should always be locked, smooth and free, providing there is a decent amount of grip available.

When everything is right, it's on rails.

Check out the 12th scale Info thread for heaps of tuning info and build tips HERE