R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tires.......#1 most expensive item for racing
Old 01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Rsickles
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likeaboss
The other day for the hell of it I added up what It would cost to build an MP9 in spares off ebay and without shipping it came to within 20-40$ the full kit price...I was pretty surprised. Try that on a full size auto. Pretty good deal I'd say for the RC stuff. Not totally sure of the total markup from the manufacturer though. Anybody have an idea? Manufacturer>distributor>LHS>enthusiast.
Plus shipping a couple dozen times. I wasn't talking kit breakers from someone with a vendor account... Try it from a dealer.

You can't buy a chassis/unibody seperately for a fullsize auto. Or a complete locking mechanism for that matter, not without a vin #. Automotive parts market is flooded with alternative, non-OE companies.

I understand its not just the RC industry and it's not a linear equation where a kit costs XYZ, so we have to figure out how much each part costs to get to XYZ. But there's a difference between reasonable and asinine pricing because the market has dictated what consumers pay.

SWIM knows a big word: conscious parallelism.