R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hara's mysterious battery charging aid
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Cobra81li200
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Thad Garner
FYI... He did not start using that plate thingy until the A1 and A2 mains. His car wasn’t any faster in the mains then in qualifying. I personally think that the plate is just a placebo. Everyone listen to Greg and Oscar they are the only ones analyzing other reasons why his car had such good acceleration.

Hara’s car would pull 3 car lengths on Barry every time he would get on the straightaway. Hara’s car was using an aluminum hollow spool, delrin diff, light weight shaft and Ti screws holding on the spur and center shaft cups. His car also had the freest drive train I have ever felt. Barry’s car was using a steel spool, steel diff and his drive-train wasn’t very free. This is a HUGE difference.

It also helps when your motor/battery sponsor is one of the most technologically advanced in the industry.
I got to agree with you on one thing : hara's drivetrain is the freeest I've ever seen, and more important, it does not makes any noise at all, unlike any other shaft driven car (including other's pro4, i only saw that on his car). And of course lightweight parts in the drivetrain can only help with acceleration and top speed.