R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 PM
kendallb
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by infanterene
The fact that they offer a rush charge doesnt sit right with me. Ever since they started doing that, I use them as a last resort. I think that whatever I buy should ship the same day if I order early enough.

I dont know of any other store that offers that "service".
Plenty of 'larger' online retailers do offer that service actually. Just nobody else in the R/C industry. Companies like NewEgg.com for instance offer it, and I think maybe even Zappos.com.

However now that we have our new shipping estimator in place, the rush shipping is factored into the calculations when you check out. So if you choose rush shipping and the estimated delivery date does not change at all, then it won't speed your order up to choose it .

I have actually be considering changing the code such that if the rush shipping will have no effect on the speed of shipping your order out the door, that I would simply hide the option and you would not see it. No point paying for it if it won't help. But in many instances it can make a difference between your order getting out that day, and going out the next day.