R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - amainhobbies shipping prices seem high?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Jaz240
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
We don't pay shipping from Great Planes nor Horizon. HRP, you have to meet the amount for free shipping. HRP just doesn't stock enough product most of the time. Losi and other Horizon products are a must for us. They produce the money making equipment from the ground to the air.
The good side to HRP is the warehouse in Fla and PA. This has helped some what but HRP is our 3rd choice for just about anything. Positioned in WV, all distributors are a 2-day ship except for HRP (Utah).
We had a big race in Columbus, Ohio and ordered 20 OS Speeds and had them sent overnight. Took longer (4-days) than the normal order would.
Gotta say that shipping is getting higher and worse at the sametime. It amazes me that people bicker about jobs but those who have good jobs don't take care of them.
We Americans are good at one thing, payday and quiting time.
I only get free shipping from GP if my order total is enough to offset the shipping charges. It seems like GP has multiple dealer accounts. The discount they give is directly related to how much product you order and how you pay for it. My account is set up as COD because that was the greatest discount percentage for me. They want me to pay 3% more on all orders to pay with a credit card and they would not give me terms because I was a new business. I agree with you about the low stock at HRP. I could not get a Horizon account because they were concearned that I was going to sell products to team members below MAP.