R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
I got sent into a wall a near full speed....broke the rear arm and the ballcups were still connected....wheel/hub was hanging by the turnbuckle assembly.

I've had one inner ball cup pop when I landed at a severe angle onto the rear wheel and you could hear it pop (sounded like something broke), had a hard time putting it back on....still is on, and even after some good tumbles hasnt popped off again.

If you want to spend your money on a "hop-up" that's probably not even necessary, then so be it. I like mine just fine
The first day I had my car, I was going over a large cross over, and as my car was going down the backside of the jump, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a turn marshal was crossing the track about 10 feet down the track... so I hit the brakes. I ended up hitting his shoe at about 3 mph just a millisecond before the car had come to a complete stop, and it popped one of the steering turnbuckles. It was the first day the car was running, so there were a lot of people watching it doing its first laps, and nobody could believe what they had just seen. The guy to my left was hilarious... all i heard was "what-the-hell-ballcup?"

Since I switched to the standard durango ball cups, the issue has gone away 95%. It was certainly the ballcups. So while I am glad you have zero issues, and it's true that a new dex210 might not have any issues with the cups in that box, there are a LOT of us where the cups that were included in the kit are just the most awful thing ever put on an RC car.... so, lets tone down the "just ignore them, the ballcups are fine" rhetoric please SOME people have had MAJOR issues with them... people like me, whos ballcups were SO bad, the car was undrivable.