R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Talkin' with Josh Cyrul
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 07:46 AM
Marcos.J
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Pyramid - No one-way because it was a rule at the Reedy Race and I used the Pre-Worlds to test for the Reedy Race since I have very limited track time with the Xray car on rubber tires... A higher rear roll center has more steering (less grip) than a lower roll center.... Shims under the rear camber link give you more camber change = more steering, especially when using a solid front axle.... Position #1 is very nervous to drive. #2 is good for rubber tires and #3 (new graphite pieces) is best for carpet....

striker - I'm sure it would hurt belt life but I am not sure... I've tried it (on the old Street Weapon) but I didn't notice any gains...

stankulas - Xray and Hudy are setting up with a new importer. I'm sure there will be an anouncement soon if it isn't already out there....

Jeff - In what class??

Rafael - Jaco 40 fronts and Jaco 40 rears. I tried 38's but the fronts had too much steering and the 38 rears were too soft (wore too quickly). I think for the Nats it will be 40's and 42's...

Ray - I use the droop guages in the Hudy set-up systems - that's how all my set-up sheets are posted....

Marcos - The sedan nats aren't for another 3-4 weeks. I did run the Great Lakes Challenge and the car was quite good but it was a completely different set-up than at Las Vegas... I'll post it on the CEFX site after I get back from the 1/8 Nationals....

lazyboy - Take my carpet nats set-up and adapt as much of it as you can. It's on www.cefx.net - set-ups/tips area....
thanks josh