R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM
AgroAMG
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91
I did NOT use any rtv sealand on the blue gasket. You use the sealant on the metal inserts that sit in the hex on the plastic housing. The o-ring and washer are supposed to be the seal but for some people it manages to leak out, ME being one of those people. Make sure when doing this your inserts are fully seated otherwise your diff will not be smooth or it may even lock. Which was my first mistake using CA glue. On my first diff i had to buy a whole new housing but for the other 2 i re used everything.. I sealed every diff even although the center diff was the only one i noticed leaking. I would recommend this step if you are switching out your grease for fluid.
Okay, yeah, I am not looking at the exploded view, but as I disassemble my diff's I'm sure I'll realize what you mean. I have RTV sealant, I'll use it anyhow just to be sure. Gonna pick up some more acetone on the way home and some electronic motor cleaner spray as I dont know how difficult it may be to get rid of the losi grease.