R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track Corners: Show us how to do it
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:01 PM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I was able to run a few packs on our new layout with the Losi dots.

These ****little LOSI dots**** are not launch pads at all but they do slow the car down so you don't want to drive over too many of them because it will penalize you so a faster driver that drives clean will probably have a good opportunity to pass. Its kinda perfect if you ask me, but we have yet to race with 10 cars... so we'll see.

There remains one hard corner on our track( without any dots ). During the practice day this hard corner was the only reason any cars crashed wildly and tumbled out of control. The Losi dots just made the car hop and slow down. I actually don't think I saw a car flip over from the Losi Dots! Once traction comes up that may change.... probably not... but you get the idea. They aren't launch pads ! They actually act like big car FIA berms .. they slow you down but don't cause a wreck.

Yup, its Hangar 30 at the old Sand Point Naval base but now it is run by the Seattle Parks Department. Our club president, Todd Mason, has done an amazing job cultivating a great relationship with the parks department. So far our race fees easily cover the rental costs. Also we are in the process of building a permanent asphalt road course around SeaTac airport.

Jake D.
Hey Jake-

Thanks for the info and keep us posted on the results. Still trying to work with our locals to see if they would be open to this. So far it is not looking so good, but maybe if you guys could post a video of cars going over the dots that may help sooth tensions.

Thanks,
Art