R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Track Corners: Show us how to do it
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:07 PM
bkspeedo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
Will do.

3-4 strips of Velcro on the bottom and there good to go. Velcro is placed so the dot lays perfectly flat and the edge of the Velcro grips the carpet fibers. They tend to stay put very well. Losi dots have a very smooth edge unlike steel plow discs. Cars handle Losi dots extremely well unlike any dot I've seen. 12th scale one of our largers classes handle them fine with no chunking problem. In fact hard corners IMO chunk stuff the worst...

Additionally whats nice about dots is you see your full car going through corners. Just watching ETS and the ATS race make you think about how cool that is!
This is exactly what i've been trying to convience races of at our track but now one wants to listen. They think these low profile Losi dots are going to act like plow disks and launch cars, some people are so one sided. Others feel the velcro or tape will damage the carpet, I don't believe it will. Our track in Fort Collins uses velcro to hold pipe in place and it hasn't damaged the carpet after 4 years of use.