R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Bob Stormer "Radio Control History" project. Needs you!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:48 AM
Bob-Stormer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jblackburn
The last few Thunderdromes were at Dominguez Hills - the early ones were at Encino. It was an amazing event, some of the things that made it special:
  • Goodyear Blimp
  • Driver's Meeting breakfast at Hotel
  • Insane Speed Run
  • 20 car mains
  • Advertising on milk containers
  • Gary and Dan
  • Two massive tents filled with racers and companies.

Too bad they turned the Dominguez Hills track into a soccer field. The Encino track is having issues with neighbors that is preventing any non-bike use. The only velo that is getting any rc car use is Major Taylor in Indy.

I remember driving 200 miles each way with the entry forms from a group of local racers on the day entries opened. We didn't want to risk missing it.

Joe
I suppose I can respect a neighbors opinions. Maybe it's based on parking or people trashing the neighborhood. Who knows. I know we lost a good dritbike riding spot in a similar way. Riding area was to close to civilization and when the new 4 stroke stuff started hitting, it was loud. Dipsticks out riding in the middle of the night or at 6am. Next thing you know, fenced off. I couldn't even blame the people. A few inconsiderate people, ruined it for the nice people.