R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hudy system discontinued???
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Chris Tosolini
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Josh Cyrul
Yeah, yeah... I race for Hudy but even before that I purchased set-up kits for my 1/8 on-road and Touring car and I know they have been a huge help. Even at this years ROAR Carpet Nationals my car was good but something just didn't feel right on the track - after re-building shocks, setting tweak, checking springs, camber it wound up being that the car had 2 degrees of toe in in the right rear and 3 degrees of toe in in the left rear (found by using the set-up system). Other Xray drivers did say that they didn't need to use the set-up system due to how good Xray's parts are but there are times when parts aren't 100% perfect. I used it to shim my car to equal toe and it drove perfect.

If the parts on the car are not totally worn out then there should be no more than .25-.5 of a degree of slop on a Hudy guage. I think this is an acceptable toerance for any r/c racer...

Being the son of a precision machinest I always believe in using calipers and acurate measuring tools vs what everyone believes may be their perfectly "tweaked" eyes...lol...

Just my opinion.... I could be tweaked...lol...
hey I left you a message on your cell, any way give me a call so we can get some things taken care of for the nats
thanks