R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 04:18 PM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Answered your own question didn't you? But more then that, simple rules for a non over complicated class, makes it the fun factor when you don't have to worry about someone else POSSIBLY cheating.

Plus as a track owner I thank Rob for the rules because it makes my life easy. Looking for the tenth advantage is bad enough that Darkside would soak his VTA tires in a plastic bag and traction compound to get an advantage. Whether he does it now is a moot point, it was done to get an advantage. Was it cheating no, was it against the spirit of the class YES, but sooner or later someone takes any class too serious.

Darkside is the only person I know that practices VTA as much as I practice 12th scale. He doesn't change his setup he just runs laps so that he's better at what is I say a fun class. The only time I have ever practice VTA was when I was working on setup and then I have also been know to throw a car in the main just to race and have fun without even qualifying. track owner prerogative.. but it wasn't to win it was to just have fun.

which is the spirit of this class... to have fun!
A. yes I have tried alot of different things to gain a little more speed or control or time...and have shared everyone of them with any and all racers of the class, as with proof in this thread...

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2978

FYI...soaking the tires is so when I went to a big event and tread was required, I had a good set to start with...also it kept from needing to sand or use the tire truer like some do...

B. yes I practice VTA, cause you as well as other have told me a million times...smooth lines and less wrecks wins races...so yes I will continue to practice till a 8 min race is perfect, win lose or draw....Im more concern with consistance than setup...the car will do what I need it to do unless its tweeked, and I know how to fix that(sometimes)...but if I can get around the track without breakage and hitting the walls, thats a victory to itself...

VTA is more important to me than any other class...but I run other classes as well...I would just rather run VTA...no stress and alot of fun