R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 02:00 PM
nashrcracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
hey guys lets not fuss over this...ROAR is ROAR and USVTA is USVTA....we have several large national level events that get plenty of attention by major sponsors and top level racers....if you are a true USVTA racer, just support them....and not worry about the rest.

I try and attend all VTA races, but if the rules are to far off...I wont go, that simple...example...went to the Region 5 ROAR race in Indy(RC Car)...great event...but they ran USVTA except driver and esc( ROAR list)...and top 5 raced Novak or Speedpassion esc, and all had Novak 25.5....close enough that I dont have to buy anything to be faster or worry that the guy running brand X motor is winning cause he not running a Novak....and dont think guys didnt go grap a Tekin,LRP, or Black Dimond to try and gain an advantage...didnt work...

so if you dont agree with the ROAR rules, dont go...we have at least 3-5 major USVTA events we can attend and be true VTA

Snowbirds Nationals
USVTA Scale Championships
USVTA Pavement Nationals
USVTA Southern Nationals
SEVTA Championships

all that are willing and do run full USVTA rules...come get some

I didn't have a USVTA speedo at Indy so I ran my black diamond in blinky mode. It wasn't to get an advantage like you said, it was to be able to run the class at Indy. I knew the speed control wasn't going to give me an advantage and that the non adjustable speedo controls are no slower. The fact I qualified 4th behind a citrix and a couple novaks was the point I was trying to make. As long as you don't cheat, the roar spec speed control list works even though some manufactures tried to break the rules and got caught. I also did it because it's sort of stupid to run a $350 speed control in the USVTA class, which was to make a comment on over spending for spec racing because it was in a $275 T3R fiberglass xray that I raced it in. I understand RobK's reasons for the list and it makes life easy for the race directors knowing that even if someone wanted to cheat they can't. I also understand the motor ruling that if someone came out with a motor of the week that gave a tenth in a class that can be won and lost by a tenth then that is a good thing to have one motor spec. But if brushless motors had better specs to them (even roar can't spec them enough to make them equal between manufacturers) then having only one brand is the best option to keep costs down. This even applies in full size racing like the Barber Saab race series were all cars have a Saab engine in them. So you can't say that USVTA should open up the motor rules.

Personally I think that even suggesting you shouldn't go to the roar nats if you don't like the roar rules is archaic and lacking vision. The point is to race at a national level event and show that this is a class that should be AT ALL national level events with full support of all racers that enjoy this class. The Novak Ballistic is a performance motor on par with any other motor out there. To go to this race and not expect your USVTA spec equipment to be capable of competing because someone might have a black diamond and a trinity 25.5 in their car is a mind game on yourself.

Support the Roar Nats with understanding that maybe next years rules will be more inline with the True USVTA spec with the knowledge that change at this level takes SUPPORT and time.