R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project: Team Associated TC9
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 PM
eds24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Last night I tried to mount the belt guide.. right in front of the motor.. and because of how small the bearings are and the shaft to hold them are I decided just to use CA to hold it in place.. I slipped up with the CA though and instead of applying it with a tooth pick to the shaft I applied it straight from the bottle to the chassis.. this ended up being too much and when I place the guide in place the CA got into all the bearings and seized them. So now I have to order more and try it again with abit less CA next time haha

Today I ordered this belt..Bando belt that is 233T long..

https://www.mrosupply.com/product/71...elts_3MM_Pitch

I think that I possibly can make it flexible enough by cutting every other tooth out of it.. I searched and searched for a place that has Polyurethane belts in STS profile or even HTD profile.. but Mitsuboshi is the only company I could find that makes belts like the Losi belts and I would have to special order belts from Mitsuboshi so I'm just going to try the Bando belt.

Originally Posted by gpm-parts.com
I know a place that sell industrial belt just down the street. Will drop by tomorrow to see if they have s3m702 belt.
Thanks GPM-parts.. unfortunatly, I need the belt very soon so I have to order it from inside the country.

Originally Posted by rccartips
Your car is almost alive. Can't wait for the video of it running.
I'm not sure about that.. haha I still have a bit to go.. but its coming together.

Originally Posted by YoDog
have you tried SDPSI?
Here is a link to a 234 tooth belt 3m pitch.
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/PartDetail...55&GroupID=342
They carry a bunch of belts and I have personally used them on many of my car projects. They are mostly neoprene with fiberglass belts so they are pretty flexible.

just cut to the width you need and there you go. It's not too hard with a sharp xacto knife.
Thanks for the link! I think I might have to try them if the Bando belts I'm ordering aren't flexible enough.

Originally Posted by ShadowAu
I am enjoying seeing this project come together... and I am gaining some ideas for when the time comes for my own project

The Tigermoth IS a brilliant design but is very poorly applied... I know as I've been persevering with mine for far too long... but it will be the basis for some extensive mods I have been planning for some time. I am hoping to fix some of the issues I have had with the car while not destroying the handling which is the best I've had in a car for some years...

Keep up the good work
I'm glad you enjoying the build!

Yea I agree, that will be very interesting.. make sure to post a project thread up so we can see you modifications and progress! I would love to see that.