R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ????Will We Ever See A 13.5 4WD Buggy Class????
Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM
RED-LINE M03
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
I will say it once and then be done...

It does not matter what class, what motor or how you divide the classes... You will always have three classes of people... Those who are new, those who most likely will win and those in the middle.

Our local track will be switching stock classes to blinky stock at the new year and many are already running this setup against the boosted stock and what is funny is the same guys who took top spots in standard stock class are finishing in the top spots in blinky 17.5 mode over the boosted guys (Few exceptions but for the most part...)

I ran 17.5 blinky for the first time every last night and to be competitive you have to drive your A$$ off with a loose car that you drive on the edge... NO new driver will take a top spot in this class because it will be stacked with guys that should be running mod anyways. I only ran class because it was the only SCT class that night to run.

No matter what the equipment is... it will not change the racers or the mentality of who is racing... Divide by skill level which is what the A,B,C mains really do anyways so why have multiple classes...

With that said I feel there is room for Rookie/sportsmen classes but we need to encourage these folks to move up and out sooner rather than later to keep them from sandbagging to win...
Stepping off soap box now...
Ok I agree with the bold highlighted area above that does make more sense to me. So run what you brung have fun and let the mains sort out the skill levels but have a rookie / sportsman class as well that's also run what ya brung. I do agree with Wild Cherry that the open classes seem to be the popular classes and they are the most fun to watch....

Works for me...